E had been asking for a year if she could have a 'Garden Bedroom'
It took 6 weeks of sanding, plastering, insulating, varnishing and painting
- - -
Then 2 days of designing and hand painting with a no.1 (ie. very small) paintbrush
and some butterflies to chase too...
Butterflies inspired by Charlie and Lola - exactly her most favourite and her best show EVER!
E got what she wanted - Her Garden Room
Dad got what he wanted - No Pink!
and I got what I wanted - A Happy Girl -
who now has a place to play and draw and dance and dress-up without getting under my feet ;o)
One room done!
The Nitty Gritty:
- The walls are painted with Crown Pure Brilliant White Matt Emulsion
- The Wood work with Crown Satin (for wood) in Pure Brilliant White
- The tree, flowers and butterflies were hand painted in dulux emulsion we had left over from previous homes (I suggest some sampler pots if you plan something similar)
- The Dolls House is Pintoy Woodlands Wooden Dolls House
I was listening to:
- God Only Knows by the Beach Boys came on the ipod while I was painting.... I'm not ashamed to admit I blubbed :'o)